Génifique by Lancome | Review

Sunday 6 August 2017 Banbury, UK

Lancome is for me a brand that we don't get to hear very often, and that is a shame. I've known this brand pretty much since I was at school and had pony tails on each side of my head (and trust me when I said this was many, many, many years ago) & when my mum had shelves full of this brand along with a few other iconic ones. I still remember the smell of her Lancome lipsticks and all her creams and potions.




When my future husband offered me, rather randomly, after he work for the brand itself, the Genifique Youth Activating Cream I probably made a scream that sounds pretty much like this : 'Heeeeee...!!!!' and with that I grabbed the box, opened it gently as if it was made of the most precious gems. My partner probably did not get it but as someone who grooming involves just having a shower everyday with Tesco Value shower gel surely he could not understand my excitement.
First all lets talk about the packaging. 
As with most luxury brands, packaging its kind a big deal and somehow it is also what you pay for, and with that you expect something so pretty that you could almost keep it once the product is over (Am I the only one who does that?).
Lancome delivers on the 'pretty packaging that you could keep after use' syndrome. Its delicate, a beautiful design with a gradient of colour tones, made of glass not plastic and it even has a mirror on top of the lid with the iconic Lancome rose. What more can you ask? Perhaps a never ending product that just automatically refill but that 's not yet in development unfortunately. Damn it!!
So what about the product itself?
My cream is the Genifique Youth Activating Cream and with that promises to make you look younger, refine lines, & illuminates skin. However I do not believe in fairy tales and that I will look ten years younger but I do believe that if you want to keep you skin the healthiest as possible its drinking lots of water, get your face out of the sun and use an appropriate hydrating cream according to your age group and skin combination. 
This product has a very silky light touch with a beautiful light, floral, luxury scent that Lancome knows how to deliver. It leaves your skin well hydrated and very smooth. It provides moisture all day long using a small amount without the need of a serum of any kind before using this product. A small amount and I am ready to go. 
My skin is a combination of dry and oily, but I feel it is more dry than oily so with that I usually love using a good hydrating cream. Genifique Youth Activating Cream is just perfect for me, it is rich but not too rich this is why I genuinely feel that this cream would be suitable for all skin types. 
Did I notice any result?
Apart from the fact that I have well hydrated skin I haven't noticed any reduction in fine lines mostly because, even though I am 40 years old, I do not have any wrinkles yet. I know I am a lucky sod. I guess I have good genes. Thanks mum! So I cannot really comment on this but I can definitely confirm that my skin looks radiant and well hydrated and that is just good enough for me.
Will I repurchase this product? 
Yes I would, therefore, at £60-65 for 50 ml the product it is definitely on the luxury side and needs to be well worth it before purchasing, especially when the market offers more affordable products for similar results such as the Hydra Quench Cream by Clarins where you can find my review here.
But as a special treat I could happily re-purchase this product again knowing that it will deliver and make me feel like a goddess, and lets face it, it looks so pretty in my bathroom cabinet too.

Have you tried Génifique Youth Cream by Lancome or any product from the same range, tell me all by commenting below. 

Marie 

Post a Comment

Marie's Connections © . Design by Berenica Designs.