Autumnal Beauty Haul

Thursday 27 October 2016 London, UK

The trees start to go golden, the air is crisp, the sunlight is whiter and you know what that means, Autumn is here! and it has to be my favourite season with Winter. The past Summer, I'll be honest with you I got very little make up, mostly just essential things, Somehow I never get excited by Spring/Summer make up collections and I do wear less make up during these two seasons but when the fresher nights arrive then things suddenly change and I go from mostly little interest into a frenzy of make up buying and I'm back enjoying my make up and experimenting with it. Earlier this month I went to Westfield in Stratford, London for a little shopping spree and mostly to look at what Boots had to offer, I didn't go crazy but its only the beginning of Autumn after all.
For the past few weeks now I had the urge to get the new Essie Autumnal nail polishes, I love this brand along with Barry M they will always be my two favourites. I found three shades that I love and in my opinion perfect for this season:
Maki Me Happy this is from Essie's fall 2016 collection, it's a gorgeous deep berry red with very light bluey undertones. It made me think of Christmas as soon as I put it on. One coat is more than enough as it is so pigmented. I know I'll get a lot of wear out of it for the next 6 months.
Next on the menu is Licorice, a deep black lacquer with a very light navy undertone, its a dense colour, very shiny and so chic and I just find it perfect for the season.
Last but not least I went for Angora Cardi a deep dusky rose shade with a maroon-mauve undertone, very elegant and a little bit out of my comfort zone although I do think it will suit the cold season perfectly.
Now the turn of the lipsticks and I went for Va Va Violet by Revlon from their Super Lustrous collection  and Expérimenté by Chanel in the Rouge Allure Ink new liquid matte collection.
Va Va Violet is pretty much like the name suggests, a deep violet shade. I have to admit it's probably the darkest shade and the braver one hat I own but oh boy! do I love it! Its creamy, pigmented, silky smooth & also packed with vitamin E and avocado oil, so what is not to like. 
Expérimenté by Chanel is a gorgeous intense, luminous ink matte lipstick from their new fall 2016 collection that comes in beautiful frosted packaging. Some how Chanel always get it right when it comes to design. The colour is a deep brown red-ish silky matt lippy and it's long lasting. Even though its a lipstick categorised as matt I found it very light and comfortable to wear thanks to jojoba oil that makes it feel like a second skin.

Finally my latest purchase is the 'I don't need to describe it anymore' the very famous and loved by many of us the: Lash Sensation by Maybelline. This is, I think, my 5th one and even though part of me wants to try another brands I very quickly go back to my first love. I love this mascara so much that I am worried I will not find anything else as good. As you probably know this mascara is one of the best on the high street for being super black, super bold, super lasting, super comfortable to wear, not clumpy and most of all very affordable.

What have you been buying lately? Tell me all by commenting below.


 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54493-296-79E53BC17D95187FB5D27BBF5946862B.png

Post a Comment

Marie's Connections © . Design by Berenica Designs.