NIKKO 日光市 - Japan

Sunday 29 March 2015 Nikko, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan

This is my 1st post of a series of Japanese posts, that I will introduce to you in the coming months. I have so many things to show you about Japan that one post would have not been enough.
Not long ago I had the AMAZING opportunity to travel to Japan! This was literally a dream come true since I was about 8 or 9. I always had a thing for anything Japanese from that early age. It started with the love of Manga and I as got older then I developed a real interest in the language, culture and obviously Japanese food followed.
 I spend 2 weeks in Tokyo but during my stay I also visited the outskirts of Tokyo and one place I went to visit was Nikko. 

















Shinkyo bridge- sacred bridge at the entrance to Nikko's shrines.



  ME !! haha! :)




























Nikko 日光市 (literally "sunlight" or "sunshine")  is situated at about 140 km North of Tokyo, it's a little town situated at the feet of Nikko National Park which is one the most beautiful in Japan and is filled with historical Buddhist temples and Shinto Shrines. This day spent at Nikko was truly fantastic, the forest had a feeling of calmness, misty, it was ancient and purely beautiful. If you have the chance to travel to Japan I strongly recommend you go to visit Nikko.

Nikko is a UNESCO World Heritage site if you would like to know more about it please click here.

Have you visited Japan, what were your experiences? Please comment below.


Marie
xxx


Post a Comment

Marie's Connections © . Design by Berenica Designs.