My latest beauty acquisition

Sunday 8 February 2015 London, UK

Here are a few of my latest beauty purchases. I don't know why but right now I am into palettes, hi-lighters and nude lipsticks. Back in November and December last year, I was into dark plum lipstick shades, I guess my mood changed with the weather! Right now I seem to just want to focus more on my eyes, highlighting or contouring my face and adding a soft shade on my lips if that makes sense? 





So lets start with the shimmer highlighter by Makeup Academy. I have to admit I don't tend to go for really cheap make up, only because very often in the past I've been disappointed with them. When I've decided to look for make up in high street stores I go more for brands such as L'OrĂ©al, Bourgois, Maybelline, Max Factor etc. because I am rarely disappointed by those brands. But this time around I had a quick look through the MUA Makeup Academy counter and come across this highlighter and I though for £3 let's try it out! Well I've tried it for the past week or so and I have to say I really enjoy it! A small amount of product is all you need it goes a very long way, and I do think the powder mould is quite sweet too (probably why I got it in the first place). This was my bargain of the week, an effective product for few pence.
Click here for a link of this product.


I love Sleek make up, I always spend hours looking at their products because I do think they are really beautiful and more importantly they are good quality at an affordable price! So here again this month I got another Sleek product. This time I went for the Au Naturel 601 eye shadow palette, in the series they have 12 to choose from (link below if you're interested). This one was geared more towards nude colours  but the palette also came, as you can see, with deeper colours. 
From top right to left the shadows names are : Nougat, Nubuck, Cappuccino, Honeycomb, Toast and Taupe. From the bottom right to the left they are : Conker, Moss, Bark, Mineral Earth, Regal & Noir.
Yet again another great palette by Sleek. Well pigmented, beautiful yet simple packaging, large mirror and  an amazing price. At £7.99 you can't go wrong.
click here for Sleek website.


And finally for my little beauty haul I also got two lipsticks. As I mentioned in the intro right now all I want is coffee or nude shade lipsticks. So I went for the lasting finish Coffee Shimmer 264 (right side of the picture)  by Rimmel and the Heather Shimmer 220 by Rimmel too (left side). Sorry the picture does not give any justice I even tried to incorporated swatches but it also wasn't representing the true colour. On the pictures both lipsticks look deeper than they are in reality by 2 shades.
As always Rimmel lipsticks deliver. I love them both. 
Prices:  £6.49 (Heather Shimmer) and £4.99 (lasting finish)

Click here for Rimmel website.


 Which one is your favourite lipstick by Rimmel? Tell me all.

Marie 
xxx

Post a Comment

Marie's Connections © . Design by Berenica Designs.